Sunday, December 23, 2007

Cookies n' Cream

I just went grocery shopping for at least the second time this week. Aside from being totally endless and annoying, being the one in charge of grocery shopping still allows me to get whatever the hell I want. Needless to say, there's always at least two kinds of Dreyer's Slow Churned ice creams in the fridge. Bel-Air's assortment of Slow-Churned kind of sucks, but there was one gem: Cookies n' Cream! What I once thought was a totally overrated flavor is now one of my favorites. It's very hit and miss though. The key is the name-brand, meaning the cookie chunks have to be Oreo brand. None of that Costco off-brand bullshit. Not only are they not as soft, they have virtually NO cream! Can you imagine? The nerve. Big Spoon frozen yogurt on J St. tries to pull this fast one on their customers, but I'm not buyin'!

Anyway, so I was just unloading the groceries and saw the opportunity for prime-ice-cream-eating, as it had been softening for just the right amount of time. So I open it up and there's a huge cluster of Oreos (including one whole one)! With tunnel vision ensuing, I grabbed a spoon and started, what Nick calls, "fueling my addiction." I started wondering if the manufacturer saw the top of that particular carton and thought, "Look at that baby. That will be one lucky ice-cream consumer," shaking his head. Okay, so this is the 21st century and it's probably operated by machines, and no one without my i.c. addiction would ever utter those words, but the point is: I am one lucky ice-cream consumer!

Yesterday Oprah interviewed author Cormac McCarthy and he said another author said he only writes when he's inspired. That's definitely true for me, I'm just inspired by insignificant happenings like reduced fat ice cream.

No comments: